I Corinthians 3:16-17
Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit lives in you? 17If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy him; for God’s temple is sacred, and you are that temple.
THE HOLY SPIRIT IS A PERSON Galatians 4:6
Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, Abba, Father.
1. He speaks . Revelation 2:7
2. He intercedes . Romans 8:26
3. He testifies . John 15:26
4. He leads . Acts 8:29
5. He commands . Acts 16:6-7
6. He guides . John 16:13
7. He assures . Romans 8:16
8. He grieves . Ephesians 4:30
The Holy Spirit has been sent to assist you in all matters of Christian experience.
THE HOLY SPIRIT IS A DIVINE PART OF THE HOLY TRINITY: Genesis 1:1-3
1. He is eternal . Hebrews 9:14
2. He is all-powerful . Luke 1:35
3. He is ever present . Psalm 139:7
4. He is all-knowing . I Corinthians 2:10-11
THE HOLY SPIRIT AT WORK IN THE CHURCH: Ephesians 1:13-14
1. He reproves sin . John 16:7-11
2. He preserves the saint . II Thessalonians 2:7
3. He works in the Church . Ephesians 2:22
The Holy Spirit in the Church is the sign that the new age of fulfillment has begun.
C. H. Dodd
4. He works in our lives . II Corinthians 2:10
THE HOLY SPIRIT FILLS THE BELIEVER FOR A PURPOSE: I John 4:13
We know that we live in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit.
1. Power to live the holy life. I Corinthians 10:31
2. Power for service . Acts 4:8
3. Power to witness . Acts 1:8
Brothers, choose seven men from among you who are known to be full of the Spirit and wisdom. We will turn this responsibility over to them. (Acts 6:3)
HOW TO BE FILLED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT: Galatians 5:16
So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature.
The most basic question any Christian can ask is this: Who is ruling my life, self or Christ?
1. Understanding . Luke 11:13
2. Submission . Romans 6:18
3. Surrender . Romans 12:1-2
4. Faith . Romans 6:11
To be truly Christian is to be able to confess with Paul, With Christ I have been co-crucified and ego lives no more, but Christ lives in me.
William M. Greathouse