“Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted.
2″Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. 3“For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself. 4But let each one examine his own work, and then he will have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another. 5For each one shall bear his own load. 6Let him who is taught the word share in all good things with him who teaches.
7 “Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. 8For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. 9And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.” (NKJV)
WHY PEOPLE FAINT: v.9
“So let’s not allow ourselves to get fatigued doing good. At the right time we will harvest a good crop if we don’t give up, or quit.” – The Message
1. They faint because they are not committed .
2. They faint because of problems .
3. They faint because they get discouraged .
4. They faint because they are tired .
5. They faint because of a lack of confidence .
But don’t faint! Keep on keeping on!
“. . . in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.” Romans 8:37 (NIV)
WHAT HAPPENS TO PEOPLE WHO FAINT? v.9
1. They never become what God wants them to be.
2. They negatively influence others.
3. They lose their self-esteem .
4. They have no vision for the future.
Stand for something or you’ll fall for anything!
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO:
Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
“…those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”
1. Realize that failure is not final .
2. Commit yourself openly to God.
3. Establish realistic goals .
4. Ask others to help you.
5. Understand that you will have problems .
6. Visualize victory .
“Being born of the Spirit means much more than we generally take it to mean. It gives us a new vision and keeps us absolutely fresh for everything by the perennial supply of the life of God.”
– Oswald Chambers
My Utmost for His Highest, pg.20