“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” (NIV)
A Definition of Fear: sudden danger .
Fear is a problem to almost everyone. The subject of fear is found nearly 600 times in the Word of God.
60 percent of our fears are totally unwarranted.
20 percent of our fears have already become past activities.
10 percent of our fears are so petty they make no difference at all.
Of the remaining 10 percent, only 5 percent are real and justifiable.
University of Michigan Research Center
FEARS WE ALL FACE: I John 4:18
“There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The man who fears is not made perfect in love.”
1. Fear of evil . Psalm 23:1-4
2. Fear of an enemy . Psalm 64:1
3. Fear of a human . Proverbs 29:25
4. Fear of the future . Hebrews 2:14
Fears Change With Each Generation.
Fears of children 20 years ago:
No. 1 – Animals.
No. 2 – Dark rooms.
No. 3 – High places.
No. 4 – Loud voices.
No. 5 – Strangers.
No. 1 – Parental divorce .
No. 2 – Nuclear war .
No. 3 – Pollution .
No. 4 – Muggings .
No. 5 wow gold kaufen – Lung Cancer .
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU DON”T KNOW WHAT TO DO:
II Timothy 1:7
“For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.”
Steps to Facing Up to Fear:
“Fear is a choice not a condition”
1. Choose belief instead of doubt . Psalm 34:4-7
2. Focus on things that you can change . Psalm 24:7
3. Place your life in God”s hands . Proverbs 14:26
4. Enjoy the good life . Proverbs 14:27
5. Establish strong moral convictions . Psalm 34:1
6. Expose your fears in the light of God”s Word .
We Should Fear The Lord Because of . . .
His holiness . Psalm 96:9
His mercy . Psalm 5:7
His protection . Proverbs 24:12
His provisions . Psalm 34:8
His law . Psalm 19:7-9
His judgement . Psalm 119:120
WHAT FEARS DO YOU CHOOSE TO SURRENDER TO GOD?
1. Have I fully committed my life to Christ and trusted Him for my salvation?
2. What actions or attitudes do I hold on to that I know are displeasing to God. What do I need to confess and release?
3. What has God clearly told me to do (in His Word) that I have failed to obey?
4. What relationships do I need to make right? Where do I need to ask forgiveness or offer forgiveness?