I Corinthians 2:13-15
This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words. 14The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man’s judgment:
The Bible Teaches About Three Kinds of People:
1. The natural person.
– Doesn’t accept the things of God.
– Has a polluted mind.
– Lives under the sentence of death
– Lives without absolutes.
– Desperately needs God.
2. The carnal person.
– Born again babe in Christ.
– Often shallow spiritually.
– Inconsistent and dependent on emotions.
– Caught between a love for Christ and a love for the world.
– Destined for heaven.
3. The spiritual person.
– Filled with the Holy Spirit.
– Strong and able to withstand temptation.
– Capable of discernment.
– Doesn’t compromise on principles.
– Builds loving relationships with God’s people.
So How Do We Live a Spiritual Life? v. 16
For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
1. Living a spiritual life is not just difficult, it’s impossible .
2. Living a spiritual life is not natural, it’s supernatural .
3. Living a spiritual life daily is achieved only through the power of the Holy Spirit .
– Power of God’s Word. Hebrews 4:12
– Power of daily prayer. James 5:16-18
– Power of the blood of Jesus. Romans 15:13
– Power of resurrection. Philippians 3:10