After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight.
10 They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. 11‘Men of Galilee,they said, why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.
Our Lord’s return is mentioned about 315 times in 260 chapters in the New Testament.
The Nearness of The Second Coming of Christ: I Thessalonians. 4:16-17
1. The witness of scriptures . II Peter 1:19
2. The witness of the saints . I Thessalonians 4:17
3. The witness of the Savior . John 14:1-3
4. The witness of signs . Luke 21:28
Conditions That Will Prevail Before His Second Coming: Matthew 24:37-39
1. Widespread unbelief . II Thessalonians 2:3
2. False prophets and false doctrine . II Timothy. 3:13
3. Increased knowledge . Daniel 12:4
4. Abounding wealth . James 5:1-3
5. Sexual immorality . II Timothy 3:1-5
6. Wars and rumors of wars. Matthew 24:6
The Purpose of His Second Coming: II Peter 3:13
1. To gather His children to the Marriage Supper of the Lamb . Revelation 19:7
2. To fulfill His promise to return. II Peter 3:13
3. To judge the nations and individuals.
Events at The Second Coming of Christ: Matthew 24:40-41
1. He will come suddenly and unexpectedly . Matthew 24:44
2. The dead in Christ shall rise first.
3. The saints who are alive will be raptured .
4. A great separation will take place.
Living For Christ in The Light of His Second Coming: Revelation 22:6-17
1. Live obediently . Revelation 22:6-7
2. Worship faithfully . Revelation 22:8
3. Live righteously . Revelation 22:10-11
4. Serve diligently . Revelation 22:12
5. Seek God prayerfully . Revelation 22:14-17
Make me holy by Thy blood,
Make me godly, Lamb of God:
Keep me busy in the fray,
Make me ready for that day.