You shall not steal.
In Commandment Number Eight, the Bible speaks clearly concerning the sanctity of personal property. Many in our society today are guilty of stealing and cheating in order to prosper. The Bible has a formula for success with integrity. Owning property is a right for all people.
Words That Describe Stealing:
1. Dishonesty . Proverbs 16:11
Honest scales and balances are from the Lord; all the weights in the bag are of his making.
2. Fraud Leviticus 19:13
Do not defraud your neighbor or rob him. Do not hold back the wages of a hired man overnight.
3. Gambling Proverbs 28:19, 22
He who works his land will have abundant food, but the one who chases fantasies will have his fill of poverty… 22A stingy man is eager to get rich and is unaware that poverty awaits him.
Dishonest money dwindles away, but he who gathers money little by little makes it grow (Proverbs 13:11).
How to Succeed at Honesty:
1. Hard Work Proverbs 10:5
He who gathers crops in summer is a wise son, but he who sleeps during harvest is a disgraceful son.
2. Long Range Planning Proverbs 21:5
The plans of the diligent lead to profit as surely as haste leads to poverty.
3. Trust God Matthew 7:11
If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!
4. Give generously to God’s work. Proverbs 19:17
He who is kind to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will reward him for what he has done.
Ways to Have Peace of Mind While Succeeding:
1. Be honest with everyone. Proverbs 27:6
2. Give God a full tithe . Malachi 3:8-10
3. Make restitution when possible. Luke 19:8
4. Make a living honestly . Ephesians 4:28
5. Be faithful in service to God. Mark 8:35-36