Jonah 1:1-3, 17
1.The word of the Lord came to Jonah son of Amittai:
2. Go to the great city of Nineveh and preach against it, because its wickedness has come up before me.
3. But Jonah ran away from the Lord and headed for Tarshish. He went down to Joppa, where he found a ship bound for that port. After paying the fare, he went aboard and sailed for Tarshish to flee from the Lord.
17. But the Lord provided a great fish to swallow Jonah, and Jonah was inside the fish three days and three nights.
The ability to live out the will of God comes from God himself.
Following God’s Will Can Be Difficult: Hebrews 11:7
By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that comes by faith.
1. God has a marvelous plan for your life.
2. God works in mysterious ways to perform His wonders.
3. God doesn’t leave messages on sheep skins or under
4. Knowing the will of God demands obedience .
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,’ declares the Lord. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts’ (Isaiah 55:8-9).
Facing the Future Requires Reading the Directions:
Then Job replied to the Lord: 2 I know that you can do all things; no plan of yours can be thwarted. 3You asked, Who is this that obscures my counsel without knowledge Surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know.’
1. Following God’s written instructions. Psalm 119:105
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.
2. Listening to the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
If anyone chooses to do God’s will, he will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.
3. Discovering the wise counsel of Christian friends.
In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.
4. Enjoying the peace that comes through obedience to God’s will. Colossians 3:15
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.