“Worship is the highest activity of man; the redeemed soul rises to its highest potential and capacity when it engages in the contemplation of the Eternal One.” Stephen Olford
PREPARING FOR WORSHIP:
I Peter 2:1-3
“Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind. 2Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, 3now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.”
Barriers to Worship:
1. Lack of preparation . Psalm 24:1-10
2. An unforgiving spirit. I Peter 2:1
3. A deceitful heart. Acts 5:4-5
4. A critical attitude. I Peter 2:1
We will glorify the King of Kings, We will glorify the Lamb.
We will glorify the Lord of Lords, Who is the great I Am.
FACTS ABOUT WORSHIP: John 4:24 (NIV)
“God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and truth.”
1. We do not need a building to worship God. Acts 17:24
2. There is no correct style of worship. John 4:24
3. Worship is a powerful witness to the unchurched.
4. Worship answers many questions about God and life.
“Worship is the gospel in motion.”
WHAT IS OUR MOTIVATION FOR WORSHIP?
– God must be glorified .
– Christ must be exalted .
– The Holy Spirit must have the freedom to minister.
– The believer must be edified .
– The believer must be drawn to Christ.
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF ABOUT WORSHIP:
Do I come face to face with God?
Do I honestly bring all I have to God?
Do I realize how God really feels about me?
Do I leave with a changed heart?
THE CALL TO WORSHIP: Colossians 3:16
“Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.”
Three Needs for the Trinity Family:
1. Community fellowship . I John 1:7
2. Community service . John 12:26
3. Community celebration . Hebrews 10:25
Gathering Joyfully enter into God’s presence.
Preaching Thoughtfully proclaim God’s truth.
Meditating Introspectively respond with thanksgiving.
Serving Dutifully sent to love and serve.