Our focus is on leadership. Caleb provides a splendid model of Biblical leadership. He was a leader who never stopped growing.
Definition of Leadership Is Influence.
Inspirational in style.
Never-failing in promises.
Encourages others with praise.
Communicates the vision.
Enthusiastic about the future.*
LEADERSHIP CHALLENGE NUMBER ONE: COURAGE .
“I was forty years old when Moses the servant of the Lord sent me from Kadesh Barnea to explore the land. And I brought him back a report according to my convictions, 8but my brothers who went up with me made the hearts of the people melt with fear. I, however, followed the Lord my God wholeheartedly.”
The challenge of criticism . v.7
The challenge of giants. v.8
The challenge of personal growth . v.8
SIX KEYS TO PERSONAL GROWTH
1. Leaders are learners
A Learning Leader . . .
– Builds a relationship with other leaders.
– Understands the power of fellowship.
– Shares responsibility with others.
– Seeks the collective wisdom of the team.
– Accepts pain and disappointment in stride.
– Never stops reading.
– Attends conferences and seminars.
– Shares success with the team.*
2. Leaders are encouragers .
“The really great leader is the one who makes everyone feel worthwhile.”
Stan Toler Minute Motivators
3. Leaders are communicators .
4. Leaders are mentors .
– Modeling is leadership validating itself.
– Multiplying is leadership fashioning its future.
– Managing is leadership conserving its strength.
– Ministry is leadership passing on its life.
Harold L. Longnecker
5. Leaders are strategic and visionary .
6. Leaders are spiritual .
LEADERSHIP CHALLENGE NUMBER TWO: LISTENING .
“So on that day Moses swore to me, The land on which your feet have walked will be your inheritance and that of your children forever, because you have followed the Lord my God wholeheartedly.’ 10Now then, just as the Lord promises, he has kept me alive for forty-five years since the time he said this to Moses, while Israel moved about in the desert. So here I am today, eighty-five years old!” v. 9-10
LEADERSHIP CHALLENGE NUMBER THREE: TRUST .
“I am still as strong today as the day Moses sent me out; I’m just as vigorous to go out to battle now as I was then. 12Now give me this hill country that the Lord promised me that day. You yourself heard then that the Anakites were there and their cities were large and fortified, but, the Lord helping me, I will drive them out just as he said.” 13Then Joshua blessed Caleb son of Jephunneh and gave him Hebron as his inheritance.” v. 11-13
What Is the Secret of Caleb’s Life?
He stood firm on the promises of God.
He was invigorated by life’s hallenges .
*Stan Toler Minute Motivators