“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
“It could be that one of the greatest hindrances to evangelism today is the poverty of our own experience in evangelism.”
WHAT IS WITNESSING? Isaiah 52:7
“How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, ‘Your God reigns!'”
WITNESS (witnes) n. 1. a. One who has seen or heard something. b. One who gives evidence. 2. To serve as or furnish evidence of.
1. The process of communicating the gospel .
2. The process of sharing the good news .
3. The process of passing on spiritual life.
“Evangelism is only effective when a person commits to a relationship with Jesus Christ.”
WHAT ARE THE CHALLENGES TO EFFECTIVE WITNESSING? Luke 5:31-32
“Jesus answered them, ‘It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 32I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.'”
1. Attitudes : Lack of interest.
2. Behavior : Lack of relationships.
3. Knowledge : Lack of understanding
4. Methods : Lack of training
WHY ARE WE INEFFECTIVE AT WITNESSING?
1. We struggle with our own doubts .
2. We believe we don’t know enough scripture .
3. We are afraid of being rejected .
4. We are just too busy .
5. We fear they may ask a question we won’t know how to answer.
6. We don’t really care about lost people.
7. We have had bad experiences in the past.
HOW CAN WE BECOME MORE EFFECTIVE AT COMMUNICATING OUR FAITH?
Step One: Be certain of your relationship with Jesus Christ .
Step Two: Grow daily in God’s grace and love .
Step Three: Live a life of integrity before others .
Step Four: Meditate each day on God’s Word .
Step Five: Learn a witnessing plan .
Step Six: Share a faithful witness with your friends and relatives .