“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear.”
REVEAL YOUR FEARS TO THE LORD: Psalm 37:1-2
“Do not fret because of evil men or be envious of those who do wrong; for like the grass they will soon wither, like green plants they will soon die away.”
1. Constantly spend time in prayer.
2. Avoid the temptation to quit in times of persecution.
3. Face the reality of daily fear.
4. Trust God to give you peace in times of trouble.
“All our fret and worry is caused by calculating without God.”
CHOOSE TO BE HAPPY IN SPITE OF LIFE’S DIFFICULTIES: Psalm 37:3-4
“Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.”
1. Delight is an act of the will.
2. Desire is fulfilled as you choose to delight.
3. God will accomplish all you release to Him.
4. Problems don’t bring stress and fear, perspective does.
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God”
RELAX IN FAITH IN SPITE OF EVIL DOERS: Psalm37:5-13
“Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret—it leads only to evil. For evil men will be cut off, but those who hope in the LORD will inherit the land. A little while, and the wicked will be no more; though you look for them, they will not be found. But the meek will inherit the land and enjoy great peace. The wicked plot against the righteous and gnash their teeth at them; but the Lord laughs at the wicked, for he knows their day is coming.”
1. The apparent prosperity of the wicked is temporary.
2. Bad things happen to good people because Satan is real and we live in an imperfect world.
“Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings” -1 Peter 5:8-9.
3. Personal vindication comes from the Lord, not from our righteousness.
4. Don’t just do something, stand there!
“Wait for the LORD and keep his way. He will exalt you to inherit the land; when the wicked are cut off, you will see it” -Psalm 37:34.